Friday 18 November 2011

Oregon: North of Newport

After 5 days in Portland doing not much at all I caught the bus back to Seaside on the west coast and hopped back on my bike. I caught a cold in Portland that made cycling very unenjoyable but being the super tough person I am I soldiered on. Spent a few days on the road (by myself as usual) in some sunshine and some rain and then stopped in Newport for a couple of nights.

Sunset at Cape Lookout State Park

Pretty rocks, Cape Kiwanda.

Boiler Bay

Tunnel No 2, Cape Creek

Cycling in the sunshine over Cape Foulweather

View south towards Newport from Cape Foulweather




1 comment:

  1. Kinda lonely but beautiful photos, Greer! Here's the poem I tried to email to you on your birthday:
    High Country Weather by James K. Baxter

    Alone we are born
    And die alone;
    Yet see the red-gold cirrus
    Over snow-mountain shine.

    Upon the upland road
    Ride easy, stranger:
    Surrender to the sky
    Your heart of anger.

    Arohanui from Auntie Annie

    ReplyDelete