Portland is awesome!!! But not for any particular reason, it just seems to be a combination of things that make it a cool and chilled place to hang out.
I stayed longer than I planned and spent my time reading books, wandering and cycling the city, drinking beer, eating donuts and generally being a lazy non-cyclist.
- Trying to choose a donut at Voodoo Donuts and having an easier choice at Tonalli's
- Cycling around the city, along the waterfront and across the bridges
- Spending hours in Powells Books
- Trying lots of beer but still not getting to all the breweries.........oh well I will just have to come back
- Hot apple cider, Polish food, cool bands, crazy christians and watching people at the Saturday market. Made trying not to buy all the cool stuff a whole lot easier!!! FYI hot apple cider is like hot, spicy apple juice NOT the cider that we all know and love.
- Biscuits and mushroom gravy with cheese grits at The Tinshed. First taste of southern food and would not mind some more.
- Hazelnut Brown Ale at Rogue Brewery
- Tour of the Widmer Brothers Brewery
- Black Butte Porter and Chainbreaker White IPA at the Deschutes Brewery
- A lowlight would have to be the Bacon Maple Ale. A collaboration between Rogue Brewery and Voodoo Donuts........absolute disgustingness with bacon bits!!!!! ecchhhhh
Half demolished Oreo and Peanut Butter topped donut from Voodoo Donuts
Tasting tray at Deschutes Brewery
A pint and a beer cheese soup taster following the Widmer Brothers Brewery tour
Dragon boats at the Riverplace Marina
Hawthorne Bridge and some city skyline
Steel Bridge with the bike and pedestrian path underneath the bridge